Saturday, December 17, 2011

Why do emails stay in my outlook outbox?

I have Outlook 2007 and Windows 7. I can't get the emails to send.|||Probably, your outgoing(SMTP) not work very well, try to go to Account Settings and do test to the account and see if the ports are working fine. Be aware to your ISP, they might block the SMTP port, so you have to contact your ISP and ask them what is the port they allowed to use SMTP, and probably they allow it through SSL.|||Use your ISP's SMTP server. (If you don't know the server, call your ISP and ask.)|||Two possible reasons I can think of.. One is that you may have your anti virus configured to check outgoing mail - thats not neccessary. The other is that you may have accidentally got the server timeout (Accounts/advanced - the scale at the middle of the window, I would suggest, should be about half way) at too short an interval.

No comments:

Post a Comment