Thursday, December 15, 2011

Microsoft outlook - will not send emails - they are staying in outbox?

I have been using microsft outlook to send emails but they dont send - they stay in outbox.


Is there a reason for this?


Do i need to do something?


I need these sending A.S.A.P so can anyone tell me what to do to send them without them staying in outbox?





Thanks.





P.S if you need any more details - just ask as i will supply them.|||Have you ever been able to send or is this something that's just started to happen? Either way, it could be that your SMTP server requires authentication in which case, you need to open Outlook Express, go to Tools=%26gt; Accounts, select the account you're using, click the properties button, click the servers tab in the dialogue box, then make sure the checkbox for "My server requires authentication" is checked.





When you send, what's the error message and number (e.g. 550)|||funnily enough that happened to me today. I completely closed it down and then reopened and pressed send/recieve again, it worked.|||That means that contact or authentication has failed for the smtp or exchange server it is using for outbound mail.|||when my mom first got microsoft outlook it did that but the next day it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment